Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Why no ASP.net wikis?

Why no ASP.net wikis?

darrel

I've sort of ranted about this before regarding blogs.

There seems to be a massive gap in the market for .net based 'web 2.0' apps.

We'd like to have an internal WIKI set up for documentation, but I can't
find any that are both .net based, and still being developed/updated.

Of course, the easier solution would be to just get a LAMP server in here
and toss on one of a dozen different WIKI options, but getting a LAMP server
in here may prove to be a challenge with operations.

Anyone know of any .net wikis out there?

-Darrel

r2thej151

Hi,

Take a look here. Great site!

MSDN Wiki
http://msdnwiki.microsoft.com/en-us/...24(VS.80).aspx

darrel

> Take a look here. Great site!
>
> MSDN Wiki
> http://msdnwiki.microsoft.com/en-us/...24(VS.80).aspx

So is that source code for that WIKI available from MS? I can't seem to find
any info on the wiki software itself.

-Darrel

Mike Lowery

Did you look at this one already?
http://prontowiki.sourceforge.net/

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e5X%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've sort of ranted about this before regarding blogs.
>
> There seems to be a massive gap in the market for .net based 'web 2.0' apps.
>
> We'd like to have an internal WIKI set up for documentation, but I can't find
> any that are both .net based, and still being developed/updated.
>
> Of course, the easier solution would be to just get a LAMP server in here and
> toss on one of a dozen different WIKI options, but getting a LAMP server in
> here may prove to be a challenge with operations.
>
> Anyone know of any .net wikis out there?
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> Did you look at this one already?
> http://prontowiki.sourceforge.net/

No! I hadn't seen that one! Downloading now...

Thanks!

-Darrel

Juan T. Llibre

You might want to take a look at FlexWiki, too :

http://www.flexwiki.com/

Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
===================================
"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Did you look at this one already?
>> http://prontowiki.sourceforge.net/

> No! I hadn't seen that one! Downloading now...
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Darrel

darrel

> You might want to take a look at FlexWiki, too :
>
> http://www.flexwiki.com/

Flexwiki was the only option I've been able to find previously. It looks
like development stopped on in a year and a half ago, which made me a bit
weary of it.

Protowiki looks like it's been updated this summer, but there is only one
developer on the project, so it may meet the same fate as flexwiki
eventually...

-Darrel

Juan T. Llibre

re:
> It looks like development stopped on in a year and a half ago

Still, it's one of the best wikis out there.

You might also want to have a look at the granddaddy
of them all : MediaWiki, which is what Wikipedia uses.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/wikipedia/

"darrel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:ek2$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> You might want to take a look at FlexWiki, too :
>>
>> http://www.flexwiki.com/

> Flexwiki was the only option I've been able to find previously. It looks like development stopped
> on in a year and a half ago, which made me a bit weary of it.
>
> Protowiki looks like it's been updated this summer, but there is only one developer on the
> project, so it may meet the same fate as flexwiki eventually...
>
> -Darrel

Kevin Jones

Craig is still working on this - he's been re-writing all of it to port
it to ASP 2.0, see [1] for example

[1] http://pluralsight.com/blogs/craig/a.../25/32538.aspx

darrel wrote:
>> You might want to take a look at FlexWiki, too :
>>
>> http://www.flexwiki.com/

> Flexwiki was the only option I've been able to find previously. It looks
> like development stopped on in a year and a half ago, which made me a bit
> weary of it.
>
> Protowiki looks like it's been updated this summer, but there is only one
> developer on the project, so it may meet the same fate as flexwiki
> eventually...
>
> -Darrel

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Be sure to check out the ASP.NET "Atlas" Wiki Sample Kit. All the source
code is there in a project template.

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]