Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to draw line on Image?

How to draw line on Image?

Daniel Mark

Hello all:

I want to draw some shapes, such as lines, circles on an image.

The input to the program is an image and the output from the program is
a superimposed image.

what kind of document or functions I should take a look for searching
this question?

The program doesn't show the image, but draws some shapes on the input
image.

Thank you
-daniel

David Isaac

"Daniel Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I want to draw some shapes, such as lines, circles on an image.

http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...ook/psdraw.htm

hth,
Alan Isaac

Paul McGuire

"David Isaac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Daniel Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > I want to draw some shapes, such as lines, circles on an image.

> http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...ook/psdraw.htm
>
> hth,
> Alan Isaac

ImageDraw (http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi.../imagedraw.htm)
might be more generally helpful than PSDraw.

-- Paul

Claudio Grondi

Paul McGuire wrote:
> "David Isaac" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>"Daniel Mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) groups.com...
>>
>>>I want to draw some shapes, such as lines, circles on an image.

>>http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi...ook/psdraw.htm
>>
>>hth,
>>Alan Isaac
>>

> ImageDraw (http://www.pythonware.com/library/pi.../imagedraw.htm)
> might be more generally helpful than PSDraw.
>
> -- Paul

And if the quality of the result is important maybe (maybe, because I
haven't used it yet myself)
aggdraw
an add-on to the PIL library that supports anti-aliased drawing
http://effbot.org/zone/draw-agg.htm

Claudio Grondi