Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 7507/rsp2/high availability

7507/rsp2/high availability

Christian Lox

Hi all!

At a customers site there are two 7507, each of them with two RSP2.
I want to configure HighAvailability on the RSP2's.
We treid to follow the RSP configuration guide, but when setting up
RPR+ we messed the whole system
HSA works without any problems.

Any help appreciated!
Shall I post the config?

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Lox

Christian Lox wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> At a customers site there are two 7507, each of them with two RSP2.
> I want to configure HighAvailability on the RSP2's.
> We treid to follow the RSP configuration guide, but when setting up RPR+
> we messed the whole system
> HSA works without any problems.

OK, we changed to another image and did configure successfully SSO.
Everything ssems to work just fine; the thing that really was
confusing us, is that the slave is not reloaded immediately.
When pulling the console to it, it said it was in rommon, so we
suggested a configuration error. But this seems to be per-design.
The slave is reloaded in, as default, 5 minutes.
In the meantime it works in hsa mode.
Maybe this is helpful or someone searching.

But one question still remains.
We keep losing our SSH session after switchover to the passive RSP.
'sh ip ssh' sais, SSH is disabled.
There seems to be trouble with the keys, even if newly generated.
Next time they are lost again.
Anyone on this?

Thanks,
Christian