Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Landline in - VOIP out.

Landline in - VOIP out.

Mark

I need to be able to take calls on my ADSL landline and have them
rerouted (when I'm out of the office) to my mobile. I only have one
landline, but I do have a permanent ADSL connection. I thought I had
cracked it with SKYPE and a VoSKY call centre, but that only works
with Internet calls in and Landline out. I cannot give a new number
out to all my customers, so this solution did not work for me. I am
also having problems with SKYPE and bad voice signal when my PC is
doing a lot of stuff. What would be better for me if is there was some
hardware that did not need to use the PC, but was connected directly
to the internet via a spare Ethernet connection I have, or even to my
wireless network. If this is not possible, then I may consider using a
dedicated PC for the job. Can anybody point this numpty in the right
direction please.

Mark in Spain.

paul123

Mark wrote:
> I need to be able to take calls on my ADSL landline and have them
> rerouted (when I'm out of the office) to my mobile. I only have one
> landline, but I do have a permanent ADSL connection. I thought I had
> cracked it with SKYPE and a VoSKY call centre, but that only works
> with Internet calls in and Landline out. I cannot give a new number
> out to all my customers, so this solution did not work for me. I am
> also having problems with SKYPE and bad voice signal when my PC is
> doing a lot of stuff. What would be better for me if is there was some
> hardware that did not need to use the PC, but was connected directly
> to the internet via a spare Ethernet connection I have, or even to my
> wireless network. If this is not possible, then I may consider using a
> dedicated PC for the job. Can anybody point this numpty in the right
> direction please.
>
> Mark in Spain.

A Linksys/Sipura SPA3000 or 3102 could well be for you. www.pcbox.es do
'em (great shop and service, in Ferrol at least).

If you're up to using a dedicated PC, Trixbox will be able to do all
you want and much more!

Paul (also in Spain)

Carl Farrington

"Mark" <Mark@> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to be able to take calls on my ADSL landline and have them
> rerouted (when I'm out of the office) to my mobile. I only have one
> landline, but I do have a permanent ADSL connection. I thought I had
> cracked it with SKYPE and a VoSKY call centre, but that only works
> with Internet calls in and Landline out. I cannot give a new number
> out to all my customers, so this solution did not work for me. I am
> also having problems with SKYPE and bad voice signal when my PC is
> doing a lot of stuff. What would be better for me if is there was some
> hardware that did not need to use the PC, but was connected directly
> to the internet via a spare Ethernet connection I have, or even to my
> wireless network. If this is not possible, then I may consider using a
> dedicated PC for the job. Can anybody point this numpty in the right
> direction please.
>
> Mark in Spain.

Probably a bit overkill, but this would probably do what you want:
http://www.portech.com.tw/eweb/skytrunk/st1004.htm

Mark

On 18 Aug 2006 01:47:13 -0700, "paul123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Linksys/Sipura SPA3000

I am uring towards a LinkSys SPA3000, unlike yourself, I am no hablo
espanol, any chance you can post the web page for the item I am after,
I can muddle through the rest I am sure!

Which region of Spain are you? I am Castellon, Valencia!

www.markscotford.com

paul123

Mark wrote:
> On 18 Aug 2006 01:47:13 -0700, "paul123" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Linksys/Sipura SPA3000

> I am uring towards a LinkSys SPA3000, unlike yourself, I am no hablo
> espanol, any chance you can post the web page for the item I am after,
> I can muddle through the rest I am sure!
>
> Which region of Spain are you? I am Castellon, Valencia!

Hi Mark,

Look for ref no "56125" description "ADAPT. ATA VOIP LINKSYS
CENTRALITAS SPA3000 83,96" on:
http://www.pcbox.com/catalogo/catalo...=es&familia=56

84 - inc VAT - pretty good price too!

Galicia - fire country!