Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Converting Firefox bookmarks to Netscape 8.1

Converting Firefox bookmarks to Netscape 8.1

GLC

Is there a way to convert bookmarks created under Firefox 1.5.0.6 to
Netscape 8.1?

Netscape 8.1 has a button for importing bookmarks, but the default and
only choice is IE bookmarks.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Ralph Fox

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 04:21:55 GMT, in message <(E-Mail Removed)>,
GLC wrote:

> Is there a way to convert bookmarks created under Firefox 1.5.0.6 to
> Netscape 8.1?
>
> Netscape 8.1 has a button for importing bookmarks, but the default and
> only choice is IE bookmarks.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1. Just copy the file bookmarks.html from your
Firefox 1.5.0.6 user profile directory to your
Netscape 8.1 user profile directory.
No conversion necessary, they use the same format.

To find your user profile directory, see
http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

2. If you really want to export and import,
from the "Bookmarks Manager" window,
see File -> Export and File -> Import