Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Errors in sent file

Errors in sent file

Roger Clough

I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
message than the one I am clicking on.

1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
happening in the future?

2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?

..

gwtc

Roger Clough wrote:
> I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
> some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
> message than the one I am clicking on.
>
> 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
> happening in the future?
>
> 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
>
> .

1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
window.

2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
files. Does that fix the problem now?

To locate your TB profile you can read this:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

--
A little boy goes to his father and asks "Daddy, how was I born?" The
father answers: "Well son, I guess one day you will need to find out

(scroll down)

(keep scrolling)

.. . . you've got male!"

Roger Clough

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:21:10 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Roger Clough wrote:
>> I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
>> some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
>> message than the one I am clicking on.
>>
>> 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
>> happening in the future?
>>
>> 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
>>
>> .

>1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
>window.
>
>2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
>locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
>files. Does that fix the problem now?
>
>To locate your TB profile you can read this:
>http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
>
>but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

Doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.

I went
mycomputer
C:
windows
application data
Thunderbird
profiles
7bi1b2.default (the only choice on the profiles screen
mail
that produced 5 choices - one local folders, one pop, three popd
I clicked on local folders and got about 20 choices, but none that had a visible msf
extension

So I have not found any *.msf files to delete.

gwtc

Roger Clough wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 15:21:10 -0700, gwtc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Roger Clough wrote:
>>> I am using Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 and am having a problem with my "sent" file. If I click on
>>> some old sent messages that I have saved I will get a sent message, but a different sent
>>> message than the one I am clicking on.
>>>
>>> 1. What am I doing wrong that might be causing this and how do I prevent it from
>>> happening in the future?
>>>
>>> 2. Is there any way to correct the existing sent messages?
>>>
>>> .

>> 1. close the program, exit windows, and throw the entire thing out the
>> window.
>>
>> 2. failing that, close the program, then using your file manager,
>> locate the mail section of the TB profile. Then delete all the *.msf
>> files. Does that fix the problem now?
>>
>> To locate your TB profile you can read this:
>> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
>>
>> but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

> Doesn't seem to be a solution to my problem.
>
> I went
> mycomputer
> C:
> windows
> application data
> Thunderbird
> profiles
> 7bi1b2.default (the only choice on the profiles screen
> mail
> that produced 5 choices - one local folders, one pop, three popd
> I clicked on local folders and got about 20 choices, but none that had a visible msf
> extension
>
> So I have not found any *.msf files to delete.

did you unhide windows files? Did you do a search for *.msf files.
You have to have them. If you don't, then you've got something very,
very wrong.