Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Point-to-Multipoint and Hunt Group

Point-to-Multipoint and Hunt Group

jo

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can get 6 ISDN Lines (12 B Channels) that have been
configured into one hunt group to be recognised by my 2621 with 8 BRI port
card.

When I do a show isdn status it says layer 2 is NOT activated, I understand
this is because BT havent set the lines to use point-to-multipoint. I called
them up and they said that they cannot activate ptmp on lines that are in a
hunt group, but looking on the net people seem to think it can be done and
its just for 'marketing' purposes why BT cannot do this.

The alternative would be to split the 6 ISDN lines into indivdual numbers,
so that BT could then enable ptmp on each one. (this is what Bt recommended)

I am using the 12 channels in a PPP multilink bundle to provide a total
bandwidth of 768kbs between 2 sites.

Any pointers would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Jo

jo

Well it would seem that ptmp on a hunt group is possible as BT have set this
up for me now.

I guess the moral of the story is dont trust BT!

news:wlJrd.64587$(E-Mail Removed) k...

X25 Hunt-group Smitty Cisco 0 02-22-2006 03:44 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: ANACONDAS: THE HUNT FOR THE BLOOD ORCHID and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 01-21-2005 10:30 AM
Number of ring before jumping to hunt group member duncan.smith Cisco 2 11-25-2004 11:03 PM
Wednesday funny: Texas Officials Wary of Plan to Hunt by Internet T-Bone MCSE 0 11-17-2004 04:27 PM
bug hunt mark | r HTML 11 05-27-2004 12:04 PM

Advertisments