Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > send message to another server through Socket?

send message to another server through Socket?

rockdale

Hi,

We have an asp.net web application updates the backend database. We
also have another VC++ 6.0 server application using the same database.
We want the web application send a notification to the C++ server
whenever the web application update the database so that C++ server can
reload its memory with the updated info from the database. The C++
server already has socket opened and can receive and send msgs to
another C++ application. Can my C# web application send and receive msg
to and from the C++ server. Or there is a better way to achieve what I
am trying to do? Sorry I am very new to C# socket programming.

Thanks a lot
-rockdale