Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Importing Mail from OE 6.0 (problems)...

Importing Mail from OE 6.0 (problems)...

Sigi Rindler

Hi,
I am attempting to switch over from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird.
The Import of Mail from Outlook Express worked, but only a fraction of the
messages were imported.
That's what I did:

Select Tools | Import... from the menu in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Make sure Mail is selected.

Click Next >.

Highlight Outlook Express.

Click Next > again.

Now click Finish.

It took some times since I had about 15,000 messages.
Still, most of them are missing in Thunderbird. What did I do wrong?

Another question: Would you recommend Thunderbird for Mail and News?

Kind regards,

Murgi