Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problems with Importing from OE 6.0

Problems with Importing from OE 6.0

Sigi Rindler

Hi,
I am attempting to switch over from Outlook Express to Mozilla Thunderbird.
The Import of Mail from Outlook Express worked, but only a fraction of the
messages were imported.
I did it as follows:
Opened Thunderbird 1.5
Tools/Import

Selected Mail

Next

Highlighted Outlook Express

Next

Finish

The Import took some time since I had over 10,000 messages in my Inbox. Most
of them don't show up in Mozilla Thunderbird, however. Why didn't they get
imported? Is there some easy step-by-step instruction to do it right?

Would you recommend using Thunderbird as a mailreader and a newsreader?

Thanks in advance,

Murgi