Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > sharing dsl box

sharing dsl box

=?Utf-8?B?d2VuZHk=?=

i have a desktop computer at home with a dsl box for the internet, i just
brought a
dell note book. i was wondering how can i hook up both of them to the dsl
box if
any one can help me with this problem i would appericate it.

Malke

wendy wrote:

> i have a desktop computer at home with a dsl box for the internet, i just
> brought a
> dell note book. i was wondering how can i hook up both of them to the dsl
> box if
> any one can help me with this problem i would appericate it.

Buy a wireless router. Then you can share your Internet connection and make
a local area network (lan) to share files/printers between your computers.
Here are some links to help you:

You don't need to buy Linksys of course, but there is a lot of useful basic
information here:
Linksys Learning Center - http://tinyurl.com/8ka4w

Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html
Tom's Hardware Wireless Security FAQs