Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SSH into outside int

SSH into outside int

John Smith

go ahead and add anal retentive and megalomaniac to longwinded.

news:conqaq$a74$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> :wow, you really like to hear yourself talk, dont you?
>
> I am fairly well known in this and several other newsgroups (and other
> media) for providing long-winded but comprehensive and understandable
> explanations of complex technical points; and I am known for quickly
> finding answers that others miss. I am also well known to vendors'
> support staff for detailing problems in the underlying logic model of
> their code.
>
> I do not have access to any NDA material or private documentation when
> I am undertaking these tasks: what I do have is a fair bit of
> experience in deducing how things work by looking not just at what is
> said, but also -how- it is said, and by what is -not- said.
>
> And that's why I'm questioning your choice of wording: you haven't
> withdrawn your original wording, and you haven't offered clarification
> of the problems you were warning about that one needed to "be sure" to
> avoid, so it we are left uncertain as to what message you were trying
> to convey.
> --
> Positrons can be described as electrons traveling backwards in time.
> Certainly many Usenet arguments about the past become clearer when they
> are re-interpreted as uncertainty about the future.
> -- Walter Roberson

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:go ahead and add anal retentive and megalomaniac to longwinded.

John, I haven't insulted you: I've just asked you to clarify for us
your thinking about a technical point you wrote.

I learn quite a lot by reading the questions posted here, and reading
other peoples' answers. All kinds of people here have encountered
situations or read documents that I haven't and that I would never have
thought about putting together the way they have. I'm asking you to
share your perspective on double-NAT so that we can learn from your
experiences.
--
And the wind keeps blowing the angel / Backwards into the future /
And this wind, this wind / Is called / Progress.

Rod Dorman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>go ahead and add anal retentive and megalomaniac to longwinded.

Now you've crossed over from odd sense of humor to just plain abusive.

Anyone who has read this newsgroup for more than a couple of weeks
will recognize Walter as one of the more helpful contributors
participating in this newsgroup. I often read his postings even when
the subject isn't something I'm particularly interested in and I
usually learn something new.

If you don't agree with something he said then refute it in a calm
rational manor, if you don't like the way he says it then killfile him
but stop these infantile attacks.

--
-- Rod --
rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

dmcknigh

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rod Dorman) wrote in message news:<coqgoh$f78$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >go ahead and add anal retentive and megalomaniac to longwinded.

> Now you've crossed over from odd sense of humor to just plain abusive.
>
> Anyone who has read this newsgroup for more than a couple of weeks
> will recognize Walter as one of the more helpful contributors
> participating in this newsgroup. I often read his postings even when
> the subject isn't something I'm particularly interested in and I
> usually learn something new.
>
> If you don't agree with something he said then refute it in a calm
> rational manor, if you don't like the way he says it then killfile him
> but stop these infantile attacks.

Walter -
I, for one, appreciate the completeness of your responses and your
willingness to answer anyone's questions. While I've worked with PIXes
for around 5 years now, I still learn new things from reading your
If somebody has a problem with "verbosity", then let them ignore your
posts (as the previous OP suggested). The flame response was
unnecessary and IMO, undeserved.
-dmcknigh-