Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Far End Block Errors Detected

Far End Block Errors Detected

JC

Hi there,

I am getting Far End Block Errors Detected when I issue the show controller
E1 command, can anyone let me know what does it mean and why it would
happen?

P.S. I just getting this error on one end of E1 line

Thanks.

Phillip Remaker

"JC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com...
> I am getting Far End Block Errors Detected when I issue the show
> controller
> E1 command, can anyone let me know what does it mean and why it would
> happen?

http://www.auditmypc.com/acronym/FEBE.asp

FEBE is reported by the upstream end of the PHY (the wire between you and
the switch) on the out-of-band management channel.

This means the other end of the E1 received bad data from you. Could be
anything. Line noise, corroded wires, nesting rats, sunspots.... Check
with your telco. Usually physical layer related. Are you getting a few or
a lot?