Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Anyone have a link handy to an RFC 821 compliant email address regex for Python?

Anyone have a link handy to an RFC 821 compliant email address regex for Python?

fuzzylollipop

I want to do email address format validations, without turning to ANTLR
or pyparsing, anyone know of a regex that is COMPLIANT with RFC 821.
Most of the ones I have found from google searches are not really as
robust as I need them to be.

Simon Forman

fuzzylollipop wrote:
> I want to do email address format validations, without turning to ANTLR
> or pyparsing, anyone know of a regex that is COMPLIANT with RFC 821.
> Most of the ones I have found from google searches are not really as
> robust as I need them to be.

Would email.Utils.parseaddr() fit the bill?

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-em....html#l2h-3944

HTH,
~Simon