Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 2005 Crystal Reports vs Reporting Services

2005 Crystal Reports vs Reporting Services

Roy

Hey all,
This came up in a meeting and I can't find any firm answers online, so
I figured I'd come to you. Essentially, what's the difference
between VS 2005 Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services?
Does one have any benefits over the other? Is anyone aware of
comparison sites?

TIA

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:53:02 -0800, Gwen W wrote:
>> Hey all,
>> This came up in a meeting and I can't find any firm answers online, so
>> I figured I'd come to you. Essentially, what's the difference
>> between VS 2005 Crystal Reports and SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services?
>> Does one have any benefits over the other? Is anyone aware of
>> comparison sites?
>>
>> TIA

Depends on several factors. One of the important ones is the size of the
application. If it is a small application Reporting Services might be an
overkill, due to the fact that it requires SQL Server to run.

Some links with more info:

- http://news.sqlblogs.com/top/Reporti...l-Reports.aspx
- http://tabletdev.com/andy/archive/2005/04/04/451.aspx
-