Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Unix, SQL or Java

Unix, SQL or Java

hkjob

I want leaning about SQL and Java in Banking or other fields . Which
subject/area should be take ?
I have some basic knowledge on java and SQL. I have UNIX Shell script
,Progress database and VBA experiance.

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dra=BEen_Gemi=E6?=

hkjob wrote:
> I want leaning about SQL and Java in Banking or other fields . Which
> subject/area should be take ?
> I have some basic knowledge on java and SQL. I have UNIX Shell script
> ,Progress database and VBA experiance.

Depends what are you going to do in your life.

Java and SQL is a good foundation for a developer career. Both
are multiplatform standards, independent of platform (UNIX, Windows).
They a independent of a database engine to a high degree, too.

If you wnat to be a system administrator UNIX skills are usefull.

If you try to be both be carefull not to find a job where you will
fulfill both roles and get payed a usual single salary. Bigger companies
tend to have different positions for those roles. In a smaller
companies, that could be not the case, which might not be bad if you are
paid enough.

DG