Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 7920 Wireless IP phone

Cisco 7920 Wireless IP phone

Jake

So, can this phone log onto any WAP (or HotSpot), pick up an IP
address and dial out? From what I have read it doesn't quite sound
like it.

Why doesn't one of the VoIP services make something like that... i.e.
Vonage should sell a WiFi phone that can easily log onto any WiFi
Access Point and be online. The phone should be able ot store several
WEP keys for secure networks...

Brad Reese

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jake) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> So, can this phone log onto any WAP (or HotSpot), pick up an IP
> address and dial out? From what I have read it doesn't quite sound
> like it.
>
> Why doesn't one of the VoIP services make something like that... i.e.
> Vonage should sell a WiFi phone that can easily log onto any WiFi
> Access Point and be online. The phone should be able ot store several
> WEP keys for secure networks...

Jake,

You may wish to investigate the Vonage SoftPhone:

http://www.vonage.com/features.php?feature=softphone

Whether you're traveling across the globe or just into the next room,
carrying on a conversation doesn't have to mean carrying extra
equipment.

Download Vonage SoftPhone and you can turn any PC or laptop into a
full-functioning telephone.

Vonage SoftPhone is a screen-based interface that works just like your
telephone keypad.

You can make a call, receive a call, and pick up your voicemails too.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
AIM: BradReeseCom
BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center
675 W. Pensacola Street, Suite A5
Tallahassee, Florida USA 32304
Toll Free: 866-864-0506
International: 717-489-1521
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/contact-brad-reese.htm

Unlocking Cisco Ip Phone 7920 Syncom Cisco 3 03-12-2009 10:38 PM
7920 Cordless Phone loses nettwork connection Ciscohater Cisco 4 06-21-2006 03:07 PM
7920 IP Phone Reset MdV Cisco 0 08-23-2005 06:31 AM
SIP images for Cisco IP Phone 7920 =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Wojciech_=A6ronek?= Cisco 1 07-29-2005 03:23 PM
7920 IP Phone Reset Flex Cisco 1 02-27-2004 01:57 AM

Advertisments