Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Problems Sipgate.

Problems Sipgate.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
numbers I've tested are working fine.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:FwpEg.3964$(E-Mail Removed)
> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
> as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
> fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
> fine.

Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are fine.
Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it Magrathea..?

Ivor

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:FwpEg.3964$(E-Mail Removed)
>> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
>> as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
>> fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
>> fine.

> Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are
> fine. Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it
> Magrathea..?
> Ivor

Right, it appears a Magrathea problem, as both my OrbTalk and VoIP talk
0121 numbers are also down.

Sorry Sipgate!!

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
>> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
>> wrote in message
>> news:FwpEg.3964$(E-Mail Removed)
>>> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
>>> as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work
>>> fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are working
>>> fine.

>> Yes getting the same with my 0121 number, but my other numbers are
>> fine. Does this indicate a Sipgate-specific problem though or is it
>> Magrathea..?
>> Ivor

> Right, it appears a Magrathea problem, as both my OrbTalk and VoIP
> talk 0121 numbers are also down.
>
> Sorry Sipgate!!

I'm tired, I'd messed up, both OrbTalk and VoIpTalk are working, Sipgate
is still down.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
> dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
> numbers I've tested are working fine.

Still have the problem

paul123

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
> > dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
> > numbers I've tested are working fine.

> Still have the problem

My Sipgate 0207 number isn't working either. Dialling the Sipgate
number from voipstunt, it rings (as a caller), but it ain't coming into
Asterisk.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh paul123:
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
>> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
>>> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
>>> dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
>>> numbers I've tested are working fine.

>> Still have the problem

> My Sipgate 0207 number isn't working either. Dialling the Sipgate
> number from voipstunt, it rings (as a caller), but it ain't coming
> into Asterisk.

Strange, my London 020 Sipgate number is fine (at the moment).

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up as busy when
> dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP work fine, my other non-0121
> numbers I've tested are working fine.

Have received an email that the problem has been fixed, and it has.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:eIEEg.4213$(E-Mail Removed) k
> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming up
> > as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to SIP
> > work fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested are
> > working fine.

> Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
> and it has.

Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it but not had a
reply yet.

Ivor

Ivor Jones

news:(E-Mail Removed)
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:eIEEg.4213$(E-Mail Removed) k
> > Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
> > > For most of today my 0121 Sipgate numbers are coming
> > > up as busy when dialled via the PSTN number, SIP to
> > > SIP work fine, my other non-0121 numbers I've tested
> > > are working fine.

> > Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
> > and it has.

> Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it
> but not had a reply yet.

Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there was a gateway
problem that only affected old numbers, i.e. those that were the first to
be issued when Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have now
been rerouted to a new gateway and all is functioning normally again

Ivor