Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Problems Sipgate.

Problems Sipgate.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)
>> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
>> wrote in message
>> news:eIEEg.4213$(E-Mail Removed) k
>>> Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
>>>

>>> Have received an email that the problem has been fixed,
>>> and it has.

>> Did they say what the problem was..? I also reported it
>> but not had a reply yet.

> Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there was a gateway
> problem that only affected old numbers, i.e. those that were the
> first to be issued when Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was.
> These have now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is functioning
> normally again
> Ivor

Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121 numbers where some
of the first issued, this is why I don't really want to change
providers, as at the time I got my numbers you were able to choose them,
so I have (to me) a very good number.

Ivor Jones

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
wrote in message
news:6NMEg.4508$(E-Mail Removed)
> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

[snip]

> > Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there
> > was a gateway problem that only affected old numbers,
> > i.e. those that were the first to be issued when
> > Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have
> > now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is
> > functioning normally again

> Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121
> numbers where some of the first issued, this is why I
> don't really want to change providers, as at the time I
> got my numbers you were able to choose them, so I have
> (to me) a very good number.

Same here. You can still choose them, it's just a more fiddly process..!

Ivor

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:
> "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> news:6NMEg.4508$(E-Mail Removed)
>> Thus spaketh Ivor Jones:

> [snip]
>
>>> Oops spoke too soon just had a reply, apparently there
>>> was a gateway problem that only affected old numbers,
>>> i.e. those that were the first to be issued when
>>> Sipgate started, which my 0121 number was. These have
>>> now been rerouted to a new gateway and all is
>>> functioning normally again

>> Yes, the was pretty much along those lines, my 0121
>> numbers where some of the first issued, this is why I
>> don't really want to change providers, as at the time I
>> got my numbers you were able to choose them, so I have
>> (to me) a very good number.

> Same here. You can still choose them, it's just a more fiddly
> process..!
> Ivor

Yes, the way I found was going back and forth between 2 areas, unless
you know a slightly better way?

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk