Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 4840G Load Balance Switch and IIS Question

4840G Load Balance Switch and IIS Question

root

We bought a used 4840G Catalyst Load Balancing Switch.

We would like to use it to connect (load balance) to several windows
2003 servers running Internet Information Server.

In reading cisco docs, i see there are two approaches, HTTP Probes,
and DFS (Dynamic Feedback Protocol) Agents, that can be used to
communcate the 4840G, to the servers.

I am curious how we would implement a DFS agent on the windows server.
I cant seem to find a solution or software package that will do this
for the windows servers.

Any insight would be appreaciated.

Thanks

root