Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Web form layout

Web form layout

bmayer@mnepilepsy.net

I am creating reports from a database. As part of these reports there
can be several gridviews of variable length. I tried absolutely
positioning of the gridviews but the lengths are too variable to make a
decent looking layout. I then tried Relatively positioned, and could
not get this to make any sensible layout.

I then found placeholders and dynamically adding controls. That has
worked fairly well, except that it is a good deal more work, and now
looks like it will be a great deal more work for some of the features
that we need.

Is relatively positioned something that could help in this case? Any
pointers to a good tutorial? Any tips from others who have had problems
with this layout?

Thank you,

Ben