Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PDA to Router

PDA to Router

nich326@hotmail.com

Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
into a router?

Thanks in Advance

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, nich326
@hotmail.com says...
> Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
> which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
> into a router?

I'm sure CEs can do it, but certainly, you could do it easily with PALMs
when they shipped with serial sync cables. I'm sure all the newer ones
come with USB ports so you may be out of luck.

--

hsb

nich326@hotmail.com

Thanks. Most PDA/PALMs screens are small but may be useful in a pinch
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 04:40:18 GMT, Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, nich326
>@hotmail.com says...
>> Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
>> which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
>> into a router?

>I'm sure CEs can do it, but certainly, you could do it easily with PALMs
>when they shipped with serial sync cables. I'm sure all the newer ones
>come with USB ports so you may be out of luck.

no one

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
> which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
> into a router?
>
> Thanks in Advance

If they still sold them in the US, I would say the Sharp Zaurus 5600
or 6000 series. They run Linux, have CF and SD slots and I have run
SSH, telnet, VNC (server and client), packet sniffers, etc. on mine
(SL-5500).

Sharp stopped selling Linux based PDAs in the US earlier this year but
they still sell them in Japan and you may be able to find a used one
on ebay.

Ben

no one wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>
>>Has anyone ever used a PDA to connect to a router? Does anyone know
>>which ones, if any, have telnet capabilities? or any way of consoling
>>into a router?
>>
>>Thanks in Advance

> If they still sold them in the US, I would say the Sharp Zaurus 5600
> or 6000 series. They run Linux, have CF and SD slots and I have run
> SSH, telnet, VNC (server and client), packet sniffers, etc. on mine
> (SL-5500).
>
> Sharp stopped selling Linux based PDAs in the US earlier this year but
> they still sell them in Japan and you may be able to find a used one
> on ebay.

I'll be amazed if there's not a linux variant for just about any PDA.
I've got a 2.6 kernel running on my fridge now!

nich326@hotmail.com

Thanks! The Sharps look awesome. I didn't know they existed.