Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > bgp soft reconfig

bgp soft reconfig

SysAdm

im busy in the lab, and have noticed something strange when trying to alter
metrics in a route map and issue a soft reconfig.

basically, the bgp process is not updating...

I issue a: #clear ip bgp x.x.x.x soft out

but nothing on the either peer, also a sh ip bgp indicates that the local
process hasnt updated with the new metric either.

code on all machines are 12.2(24)

at the moment, the only way I can get the new metric into the process is to
hard boot the bgp process (which I dont like doing in production).

anyone care to help ?

cheers
SysAdm

To BGP or not to BGP (multihoming with ISPs over uneven links speed)?!? papi Cisco 4 09-08-2009 02:45 AM
must need hard/soft reset on BGP updates ? jaehwang Cisco 4 04-18-2007 08:39 PM
AAA reconfig Branigan Cisco 3 01-19-2006 08:15 PM
Soft refs problem with cgi - soft ref appears empty :-( ade0 Perl Misc 1 04-06-2005 09:23 PM
Difference between "bgp dampening" and "bgp bestpath dampening" harald rüger Cisco 0 10-25-2004 04:07 PM

Advertisments