Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to display a picture while a long process is carried out ?

How to display a picture while a long process is carried out ?

pamelafluente@libero.it

I have an animated gif in an image control:
Me.ImageProgress1.Visible = False

I want that when the User click on a given button to execute a long
task
Me.ImageProgress1 become visible until the task on the server is
finished.
I call the task this way:

Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click

ExecuteLongTask()

End Sub

I think I am dumb as I can't figure out how to do this simple thing!
Thanks for any help!

-Pam

Ray Booysen

What you can also do is add some javascipt to the onclick() method of
the button to change the visibility of the image.

> I have an animated gif in an image control:
> Me.ImageProgress1.Visible = False
>
> I want that when the User click on a given button to execute a long
> task
> Me.ImageProgress1 become visible until the task on the server is
> finished.
> I call the task this way:
>
> Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
> e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click
>
> ExecuteLongTask()
>
> End Sub
>
> I think I am dumb as I can't figure out how to do this simple thing!
> Thanks for any help!
>
> -Pam

pamelafluente@libero.it

I tried but it does not work. See a blank page.
Can anyone show a simple working example?

-pam

Ray Booysen ha scritto:

> What you can also do is add some javascipt to the onclick() method of
> the button to change the visibility of the image.
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > I have an animated gif in an image control:
> > Me.ImageProgress1.Visible = False
> >
> > I want that when the User click on a given button to execute a long
> > task
> > Me.ImageProgress1 become visible until the task on the server is
> > finished.
> > I call the task this way:
> >
> > Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
> > e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click
> >
> > ExecuteLongTask()
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > I think I am dumb as I can't figure out how to do this simple thing!
> > Thanks for any help!
> >
> > -Pam

Ray Booysen

How about some more of the code you're writing?

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I tried but it does not work. See a blank page.
> Can anyone show a simple working example?
>
> -pam
>
> Ray Booysen ha scritto:
>
>> What you can also do is add some javascipt to the onclick() method of
>> the button to change the visibility of the image.
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I have an animated gif in an image control:
>>> Me.ImageProgress1.Visible = False
>>>
>>> I want that when the User click on a given button to execute a long
>>> task
>>> Me.ImageProgress1 become visible until the task on the server is
>>> finished.
>>> I call the task this way:
>>>
>>> Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
>>> e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click
>>>
>>> ExecuteLongTask()
>>>
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> I think I am dumb as I can't figure out how to do this simple thing!
>>> Thanks for any help!
>>>
>>> -Pam

pamelafluente@libero.it

Hi Ray, Do you know how to do it?

I have

Protected Sub ButtonSomeLongTast_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As System.EventArgs) Handles ButtonSomeLongTast.Click

ExecuteLongTask()

End Sub

then I grabbed this from internet:

<script language="javascript">
function toggle(e) {
if (e.style.display == "none") {
e.style.display = "";
} else {
e.style.display = "none";
}
}
</script>

I placed after
<title></title>

Also I placed

Then under onclick() event of button1 I placed: = "toggle(progress)"

where progress is a DIV which contains the image with the GIF

No luck!!
I am a beginner and I am probably missing something basic.
Some simple working example in code would be great.

-Pam