Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 837 Doesn't Have IDS Features Accessible

Cisco 837 Doesn't Have IDS Features Accessible

Andrew Albert

I have a 837, with the Plus feature set IOS loaded, but for some
reason none of the IDS features are accessible..... Any ideas?

Regards,

Andy

Cisco IOS Software, C837 Software (C837-K9O3SY6-M), Version
12.3(11)T2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2004 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 29-Oct-04 17:00 by cmong

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(8r)YN, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Casa837 uptime is 1 day, 3 hours, 14 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload at 23:00:26 EST Fri Nov 26 2004
System restarted at 23:02:37 EST Fri Nov 26 2004
System image file is "flash:c837-k9o3sy6-mz.123-11.T2.bin"

This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United
States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and
use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply
third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.
Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for
compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you
agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are
unable
to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be
found at:
http://www.cisco.com/wwl/export/crypto/tool/stqrg.html

If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email

Cisco C837 (MPC857DSL) processor (revision 0x400) with 44237K/4915K
bytes of memory.
Processor board ID AMB0749047S (760556711), with hardware revision
0000
CPU rev number 7
1 Ethernet interface
4 FastEthernet interfaces
1 ATM interface
128K bytes of NVRAM.
12288K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
2048K bytes of processor board Web flash (Read/Write)

Configuration register is 0x2102

Erik Freitag

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:21:09 -0500, Andrew Albert wrote:

> I have a 837, with the Plus feature set IOS loaded, but for some
> reason none of the IDS features are accessible..... Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andy

The Feature Navigator doesn't show "Firewall Intrusion Detection System"
available for the 837 with the IP/FW/PLUS 3DES feature set, or any other
feature set. It does show it available for the 836.

Richard Antony Burton

"Erik Freitag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> The Feature Navigator doesn't show "Firewall Intrusion Detection System"
> available for the 837 with the IP/FW/PLUS 3DES feature set, or any other
> feature set. It does show it available for the 836.

Agreed, however I can enable it on my 837 (12.3(T5 (non-plus version)).
You can enable it using SDM, so long as you have flash:attack-drop.sdf, if
you don't have this stick on the latest version of SDM (unless you have
upgraded yur flash above 12mb you wont be able to go with v2 (which I
wouldn't recommend anyway, since it only seems to work with Internet
Explorer), so go with 1.2), which includes the file.

Richard.