Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > outputcache and visitor tracking

outputcache and visitor tracking

Nalaka

Hi,
I wanted to track visitors in asp.net 2.0 app.
So I added code to method Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute.....

But, it seems like.. if output cache is enabled on a page, this method does
not get called.

Is there a generic method that is always called, even on pages that has
output caching?
I need accesss to session and cookies too.....

Thanks
Nalaka

PeterKellner

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 10:24:27 -0700, "Nalaka" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I wanted to track visitors in asp.net 2.0 app.
>So I added code to method Application_PreRequestHandlerExecute.....
>
>But, it seems like.. if output cache is enabled on a page, this method does
>not get called.
>
>Is there a generic method that is always called, even on pages that has
>output caching?
>I need accesss to session and cookies too.....
>

>Thanks
>Nalaka

The order of processing is:

BeginRequest
AuthenticateRequest (cookie gets loaded)
AuthorizeRequest
RsolveCache (Page ouptut cache loads)
PreRequesthandle (never gets here for cache)
Httphandler...

You need to put your processing after authenticate requests and before
resolve cache.
Peter Kellner
http://peterkellner.net

Nalaka