Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to Run sub in contentplaceholder from master page

How to Run sub in contentplaceholder from master page

=?Utf-8?B?bXNj?=

I have a master page with a dropdown list on it. When someone changes the
selection I would like to run a sub on the content page to reflect the
change. I have found ways to clear controls on the content pages but no way
to run code attached to the content page from an event on the master page.

Is this possible?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

have your content pages implement an interface. then the master page can
cast the content to the interface and call its methods. you could also use
reflection.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"msc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a master page with a dropdown list on it. When someone changes the
> selection I would like to run a sub on the content page to reflect the
> change. I have found ways to clear controls on the content pages but no
> way
> to run code attached to the content page from an event on the master page.
>
> Is this possible?

=?Utf-8?B?bXNj?=

Thank you for your response. I am probably being a little thick but I am not
sure of the best way to "implement an interface" .

I did some searching on "implement an interface" and found about a million
pages on ways to do this. I read several and came up a little lost. Can you
give a little more of a hint on the way you would do it? Or if possible
point me to an example.

Thanks
Matt