Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Airport Security verses the Business Traveler

Airport Security verses the Business Traveler

NIST.org

Laptops, PDA's, even iPods are banned on international flights leaving
England. It has been known since at least 1995 that these devices pose
a threat to commercial airliners when used by terrorists. In an
in-depth article we explain the threat that portable electronic devices
pose and conclude with a list of tips that can help you survive the
current and any new restrictions. Let us all hope it doesn't come to
this.

http://www.nist.org/news.php?extend.162

Jim Watt

On 14 Aug 2006 02:41:07 -0700, "NIST.org" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Laptops, PDA's, even iPods are banned on international flights leaving
>England.

I think I'll give the place a miss for the time being.

I''ve seen enough laptops wrecked and stolen from checked in
baggage, and the carrier disclaims liability that my nice Sony TX
is not going in the hold. In any event its needed for inflight
entertainment.
--
Jim Watt
http://www.gibnet.com

Jon

NIST.org wrote:
> Laptops, PDA's, even iPods are banned on international flights leaving
> England. It has been known since at least 1995 that these devices pose
> a threat to commercial airliners when used by terrorists. In an
> in-depth article we explain the threat that portable electronic devices
> pose and conclude with a list of tips that can help you survive the
> current and any new restrictions. Let us all hope it doesn't come to
> this.
>
> http://www.nist.org/news.php?extend.162

Just wait, air travel will soon be au naturel. And people will quietly
comply.

Jon