Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird

Thunderbird

Orbis

Occasionally (5-10% of the time perhaps) Thunderbird (latest
version, and this also happened before the last upgrade) will
load up, but not load an email window - ie the third window
typically on the lower RHS where message text displays.

The problem has always been immediately remedied by closing
Thunderbird and restarting, upon which it loads up properly.

Out of interest, does anyone else get this? Is there
something I can do to fix it?

Mumia W.

On 08/14/2006 03:10 AM, Orbis wrote:
> Occasionally (5-10% of the time perhaps) Thunderbird (latest version,
> and this also happened before the last upgrade) will load up, but not
> load an email window - ie the third window typically on the lower RHS
> where message text displays.
>
> The problem has always been immediately remedied by closing Thunderbird
> and restarting, upon which it loads up properly.
>
> Out of interest, does anyone else get this? Is there something I can do
> to fix it?

Put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the message header
pane and pull up the little bar down there. The message
preview pane is hidden when that bar is down.

Or you can just double-click a message to make it appear in a
new window.

Orbis

> Put your mouse pointer at the bottom of the message header pane and pull
> up the little bar down there. The message preview pane is hidden when
> that bar is down.
>
> Or you can just double-click a message to make it appear in a new window.

Well .. yeah .. but that's just fixing the problem not the
cause (and at any rate it's quicker just closing and
restarting than doing either of those).

Mozmail vs. Thunderbird... Axl Firefox 5 08-19-2003 07:29 PM
Thunderbird Bryce Hardy Firefox 1 08-12-2003 03:19 PM
Linking Firebird / Thunderbird jimm67(nospam) Firefox 0 07-06-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments