Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wirless Connection

Wirless Connection

mtsummer

I have a Dell Inspiron 9200 with built in WI/FI, I did have a security
code on my router, but have removed it, now my laptop connects but
shows that it is not connected, then after 10-15 minutes it will knock
me off telling me I need to repair my connection. If I try to click
repair, it tells me it was unable to repair the connection. I have had
my laptop about 18-19 months and did not use a security code for login
to my router until a year of using it without, but I noticed after I
put the code on it, it started having trouble with the connection away
from home, when I would connect at home it was fine. So I revoved the
security. I have a Linksys WRT54G router.

=?Utf-8?B?a2F0ZWJ1c2g=?=

I suggest you tyr the following:
- reset your router
- make sure that your computer is configured well (e.g the right driver is
installed for the wireless card and the TCP/IP settings are for dynamic IP).

Here is an extensive guide that will show you, step by step, how to setup
everything right...

http://www.cguy.net/wlan_home_net/