Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Where to buy

Where to buy

Tim Morley

Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
version?
I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I think
I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

TIA

PS. Taking Paypal would be a bonus (bit of cash in my paypal account!)

--
************************************************** *******************
Do you know what your kids are doing online?

FREE internet safety information
http://www.pctattletale.com/cmd.php?af=300997
************************************************** *******************

^^artnada^^

Tim Morley wrote:
> Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
> version?
> I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
> think
> I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!
>
> TIA
>
> PS. Taking Paypal would be a bonus (bit of cash in my paypal account!)

I know http://www.sipgate.co.uk/voipshop/telephones do them.

paul123

Tim Morley wrote:
> Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
> version?
> I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I think
> I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!
>
> TIA
>
> PS. Taking Paypal would be a bonus (bit of cash in my paypal account!)

www.voiptalk.org do 'em but don't think they take paypal.

Graham

> Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
> version?
> I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
> think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!

There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Tim Morley

"Graham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> Where would you but a grandstream ATA to be sure its the latest hardware
>> version?
>> I have had cheap no name units before and never got them to work. So I
>> think I am doing the right thing and goi for a Grandstream!
>>

> There are ATA's out there that are grottier than the Handytone-486??
> --
>
> Graham.
>
> %Profound_observation%

Are the Grandstreams not good then?

Ivor Jones

"Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote in message
newsWSDg.3186$(E-Mail Removed) k

[snip]

> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
users.

Ivor

Tim Morley

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
> wrote in message
> newsWSDg.3186$(E-Mail Removed) k
>
> [snip]
>
>> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

> They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
> users.
>
> Ivor

Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

Jono

It happens that Tim Morley formulated :
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
>> wrote in message
>> newsWSDg.3186$(E-Mail Removed) k
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

>> They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
>> users.
>>
>> Ivor
>>

> Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
> What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
> also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

SPA3000 has only *one* VoIP line for inbound; PSTN connection; multiple
outgoing providers, inc PSTN.

Graham

>> [snip]
>>
>>> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

>> They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
>> users.
>>
>> Ivor
>>

> Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
> What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots
> connection also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land
> line)

I'm glad I got my PAP-2 from Currys when I did. Twice the ATA over a
Grandstream
and less than half the price (GBP19.99inc)

I had it liberated from Vonage within minuets of opening the box.

Best buy I've made this year.
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

paul123

Tim Morley wrote:
> "Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE UNDIES*@blueyonder.co.uk>
> > wrote in message
> > newsWSDg.3186$(E-Mail Removed) k
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> >> Are the Grandstreams not good then?

> > They're ok for beginners but the Sipura range are better for experienced
> > users.
> >
> > Ivor
> >

> Well I suppose i will be experianced soon!
> What sipura will do 2 seperate accounts with 2 lines with a pots connection
> also (not just a power fail, but being able to select land line)

The SPA3000 is a cracking ATA, yes, but as Jono points out, its
limitation is that you only have one voip line in and you can only
attach one phone to it.

The PAP2 doesn't have PSTN connectivity which I believe you would like.

I might be the lone voice on this but the Grandstream 386 might be
worth considering. It has PSTN connectivity and 2 phones with separate
accounts can be plugged into it. Its main limitation is that it doesn't
allow you program dialplans.