Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > tooltip

tooltip

=?Utf-8?B?bWVuc3V1cg==?=

hey,
this is rather a lousy question but i want to know anyhow.
when using IE sometimes tooltips are shadowed but rarely. most of the time
they are just a floating yellow box with no shadow. is there a property, CSS
or anything to permanently turn the shadow on on the tooltips?
--
mensuur

=?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=

It may or may not be a lousy question, but it's one i'd like the answer to
also. Thank you for asking! I hope an answer is forthcoming.
--
thanks (as always)
some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting

"mensuur" wrote:

> hey,
> this is rather a lousy question but i want to know anyhow.
> when using IE sometimes tooltips are shadowed but rarely. most of the time
> they are just a floating yellow box with no shadow. is there a property, CSS
> or anything to permanently turn the shadow on on the tooltips?
> --
> mensuur

Showjumper

First the tooltip is not really a tooltip. Its how IE handles the alt
attribute of the image tag and handles it incorrectly also. If you want more
than the yellow box the best option is to use some javascript to show/hide a
div when the user rolls over a link/image. Then use all the css you want to
style the div
"mensuur" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hey,
> this is rather a lousy question but i want to know anyhow.
> when using IE sometimes tooltips are shadowed but rarely. most of the time
> they are just a floating yellow box with no shadow. is there a property,
> CSS
> or anything to permanently turn the shadow on on the tooltips?
> --
> mensuur

=?Utf-8?B?bWVuc3V1cg==?=

dear webbuilder,
showjumper is right: use google and search for dhtml tooltip. it will show
you all you need.
--
mensuur

"WebBuilder451" wrote:

> It may or may not be a lousy question, but it's one i'd like the answer to
> also. Thank you for asking! I hope an answer is forthcoming.
> --
> thanks (as always)
> some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
> kes
>

> "mensuur" wrote:
>
> > hey,
> > this is rather a lousy question but i want to know anyhow.
> > when using IE sometimes tooltips are shadowed but rarely. most of the time
> > they are just a floating yellow box with no shadow. is there a property, CSS
> > or anything to permanently turn the shadow on on the tooltips?
> > --
> > mensuur

How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltip contents has to be determine @ run-time ! Radu ASP .Net 1 01-08-2007 04:11 PM
show subitem text of listview control in tooltip Lucky ASP .Net 0 12-22-2005 07:04 AM
Tooltip Text Display? Majordomo Firefox 3 11-11-2004 09:45 PM
ToolTip Jim Heavey ASP .Net 0 10-17-2003 03:50 AM
Re: Question: How to get more info on tooltip error/squiggly VB Programmer ASP .Net 1 07-01-2003 07:42 PM

Advertisments