Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Dreaded 3-pixel padding in Internet Explorer

Dreaded 3-pixel padding in Internet Explorer

Andy Dingley

> I can't believe the amount of grief I got for asking one small
> question.

You didn't. We haven't _really_ flamed someone for ages!

You asked just about the dumbest question it's possible to ask -- "How
do I fix something, when I've told you already that I'm not going to
listen to the answer". This is just plain damned rude of you - it's
walking up to a bunch of people and telling them that all their
hard-earned skills are worthless and not worth the trouble of learning.

....And we were _still_ helpful to you!

Oh well, no need for that any more.
<plonk>

spellbound571969@yahoo.com

Ok. I was definitely out of line in my approach and I'll be more
thoughtful in the future.

I'm just trying to learn a little bit about building websites so I can
have some fun creating my own.

Now, about my original question...Jonathan, your advice worked
perfectly. I eliminated the excess white space in the coding for table
cells and it fixed the problem.

So obviously my troubles were caused by my sloppy coding - something
I'll be more careful of from now on.

I can't thank you enough for your advice, Jonathan. Thanks again.

Jonathan N. Little

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Ok. I was definitely out of line in my approach and I'll be more
> thoughtful in the future.

I'll give you another bit of advice that will smooth thing over when
your use UseNet. Not everyone uses Google Group but use a real
newsreader for newsgroups so your above statement is total out of
context because you have not quoted what you are referring to. Please
quote the bits that you are responding to in the future as I am doing here.

> I'm just trying to learn a little bit about building websites so I can
> have some fun creating my own.

That is fine so why not learn to how to do it correctly first. Code for
the year 2000+ not 1990's.

> Now, about my original question...Jonathan, your advice worked
> perfectly. I eliminated the excess white space in the coding for table
> cells and it fixed the problem.

Well sort of, your main problem still exists that you are relying on
very old markup methods that not only make a site more difficult to
maintain, but may not be appear properly as browser improve (notably IE
catches up)

> So obviously my troubles were caused by my sloppy coding - something
> I'll be more careful of from now on.

As I say above it a a more fundamental flaw...

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO