Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > Problem with Vosonic 2060 X-Drive II

Problem with Vosonic 2060 X-Drive II

michael_95 michael_95 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I'm having some major problems with my x-drive...
I've stored a whole load of holiday photos on my x-drive, got back home connected it to my PC but my machine doesn't recognize the x drive. Note that the X Drive has previously been connected to this machine on many previous occasions - I have also tried to connect the x drive to two other PCs with no success, all machines run XP professional.

Seems to be a USB problem on the X-Drive itself as I can smell a faintly burning smell from the USB port, also I got a power surge on USB hub message on one of the connection attempts. I'm pretty confident that the hard drive on the X-Drive is working OK as it goes through the copying process from my memory stick OK, when using a Lexar memory stick I can see the light flashing as the X-Drive accesses the memory stick.

Can anyone advise me as to the options open to me. Is it possible to remove the hard disk from the X-Drive and if so what can I do to recover the many precious photos I have stored ? I'm trying to contact Vosonic here in the UK but can't find a telephone number on their website.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yours desparately,

Michael