Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > DLINK DWL-G510 Installation

DLINK DWL-G510 Installation

jackknapp@gmail.com

I am trying to install a DLINK DWL-G510 on an XP system to connect to a
DLINK DI-614+ Router/Access Point. The G510 installs fine, the drivers
are up to date, the device is working properly but it will not connect
to the AP. I can swap in an older DWL-520+ and that will work fine.

The G510 sees the AP in the View Wireless Networks but will not connect
to it.

I have talked to DLINK Tech Support and they were of no value. I have
tried with and without security setup.
I know that the AP is 802.11b, but the G510 should be backwards
compatible.

Does anyone know if the special 2X settings of the 614+ would cause a
problem connecting with the G510.

Anyother issues I should look into?

F8BOE

DHCP?
fixed IP?
subnet mask?
RTFM?

> I am trying to install a DLINK DWL-G510 on an XP system to connect to a
> DLINK DI-614+ Router/Access Point. The G510 installs fine, the drivers
> are up to date, the device is working properly but it will not connect
> to the AP. I can swap in an older DWL-520+ and that will work fine.
>
> The G510 sees the AP in the View Wireless Networks but will not connect
> to it.
>
> I have talked to DLINK Tech Support and they were of no value. I have
> tried with and without security setup.
> I know that the AP is 802.11b, but the G510 should be backwards
> compatible.
>
> Does anyone know if the special 2X settings of the 614+ would cause a
> problem connecting with the G510.
>
> Anyother issues I should look into?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi