Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Networking and Remote Assistance

Wireless Networking and Remote Assistance

=?Utf-8?B?Um9uIFou?=

I recently installed a wireless Belkin Wireless G network. Since
installation, I have not been able to help my parents through remote
assistance. I have done some troubleshooting and found that they are able to
connect to my PC over remote assistance. But when I try to connect to
their's I get an "Unable to resolve host name" error message.

Any ideas?

DavidT

sounds like they have a firewall enabled to block incoming request...

"Ron Z." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently installed a wireless Belkin Wireless G network. Since
> installation, I have not been able to help my parents through remote
> assistance. I have done some troubleshooting and found that they are able
> connect to my PC over remote assistance. But when I try to connect to
> their's I get an "Unable to resolve host name" error message.
>
> Any ideas?

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi

If their Wireless works, than your remote control trouble has nothing to do
with the Wireless connection per-se. Assuming that their Wireless
installation is based on a Wireless Cable/DSL Router, it might be port that
the Remote Desktop port (default is 3389) needs to be opened through the
Router's Firewall (and or, software Firewall)
http://www.ezlan.net/routers1.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).Jack (MVP-Networking).