Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > cant see WPA on XP (with SP2)

cant see WPA on XP (with SP2)

=?Utf-8?B?U3Vrcml0?=

Hello

I have an Intel Wireless LAN 2100 3B mini PCI adaptor with XP (with SP2).
However, when I try to connect to a WPA secured Network, I dont get the
option for the net key and the utility keeps on trying to acquire the net
address.

I have als tried adding the network manually but in the data encryption
field, I do not get WPA options (the only ones I get are WEP and none).

I have also tried a PCI Wifi card that I know for sure supports WPA, but I
have the same problem.

All my Auto updates are up to date.

Lem

Sukrit wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have an Intel Wireless LAN 2100 3B mini PCI adaptor with XP (with SP2).
> However, when I try to connect to a WPA secured Network, I dont get the
> option for the net key and the utility keeps on trying to acquire the net
> address.
>
> I have als tried adding the network manually but in the data encryption
> field, I do not get WPA options (the only ones I get are WEP and none).
>

> I have also tried a PCI Wifi card that I know for sure supports WPA, but I
> have the same problem.
>
> All my Auto updates are up to date.

The 2100 3B should support WPA and WPA2. Get the latest driver from Intel.
http://www.intel.com/support/notebook/sb/cs-006109.htm

DavidT

you might need to be wired to the router in order to set up the
key/passphrase rather than trying to set it up wireless....
news:(E-Mail Removed)...