Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > "Signature" added to emails in TBird 1.5.0.5?

"Signature" added to emails in TBird 1.5.0.5?

Dan

Is it possible to add a block of text (like name, company name, phone
numbers, etc.) that will appear at the boottom of each email message in
TBird?). Seems like the answer should be yes, but I can't find where
this would be done.

TIA

Dan

gwtc

Dan wrote:
> Is it possible to add a block of text (like name, company name, phone
> numbers, etc.) that will appear at the boottom of each email message in
> TBird?). Seems like the answer should be yes, but I can't find where
> this would be done.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

create it using either a text file or an html one.

Then in TB, click on Tools, Account Settings, select the account, and
you should see on the right a line that says "Attach this signature."
Check it, then point to the file.

Also, under Composition & Addressing, check the 2nd box, and fiddle
with the drop down as to where you want the sig placed.

--
EVERYTHING HAS A GENDER

You may not know this but many nonliving things have a gender...

A Hot Air Balloon is Male, because, to get it to go anywhere, you have
to light a fire under it, and of course, there's the hot air part.

Doug G

Dan wrote:
> Is it possible to add a block of text (like name, company name, phone
> numbers, etc.) that will appear at the boottom of each email message in
> TBird?). Seems like the answer should be yes, but I can't find where
> this would be done.
>
> TIA
>
> Dan

There's an "Attach this signature" check box in Tools > Account Settings
> [account_name]. Mark it and then use the Choose button to select the

text file containing the signature.

Or use the extension at https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/578/ .
It will let you choose a signature from ones you've created.

The Signature extension doesn't insert the "-- " (two dashes and a
space), so I make them the first line of signatures I create with it.

--
Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried.
- Mae West, American actress (1892-1980)

Dan

Doug G wrote:
> Dan wrote:
>> Is it possible to add a block of text (like name, company name, phone
>> numbers, etc.) that will appear at the boottom of each email message
>> in TBird?). Seems like the answer should be yes, but I can't find
>> where this would be done.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Dan

> There's an "Attach this signature" check box in Tools > Account Settings
> > [account_name]. Mark it and then use the Choose button to select the

> text file containing the signature.
>
> Or use the extension at https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/578/ . It
> will let you choose a signature from ones you've created.
>
> The Signature extension doesn't insert the "-- " (two dashes and a
> space), so I make them the first line of signatures I create with it.

Thanks Doug & GWTC, that worked great! Amazing how you can miss
something right in front of you!

Dan