Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > "HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied."

"HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied."

=?Utf-8?B?QWxleCBNYWdoZW4=?=

I'm getting the error
"HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbidden: Execute access is denied" when I try to reach
my ASPX pages.

Before I go giving Windows permissions to my docroot, etc., I want to
understand what users or, preferably, groups, need to have what permissions
for basic operation of ASP.NET 2.0.

And specifically WHAT permissions should I give these users?

Thanks.

Alex

Kumar Reddi

If you are using windows server 2003.. you need to give execute permission
for scripts to your site's virtual directory. You can do this in the
properties window of your virtual directory in IIS MMC

news:(E-Mail Removed)...