Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > subclassing Spring's controllers

subclassing Spring's controllers

s o

Hi all,

we're starting a new project using Spring with a Oracle db. We have
some housekeeping/infrastructure task that needs to be procssed for
almost every web request (e.g. auditing the request.) what would be a
good approach to this? Does Spring's different controllers already
offer a hook for this? I was thinking putting a layer betwn my
controllers and spring's controllers. For example: MySimpleFormBase
extends SimpleFormController, MyMultiActionBase extends
MultiActionController. This should work but not very elegant. Can
anyone shed some lights on this? thanks.

s o

goobledigook

Have you thought about using AOP for this type of stuff? Spring
(especiall v.2 coming up soon) offers great facilities for wrapping any
business object with aspects which you should use for
logging/auditing/...

s o wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we're starting a new project using Spring with a Oracle db. We have
> some housekeeping/infrastructure task that needs to be procssed for
> almost every web request (e.g. auditing the request.) what would be a
> good approach to this? Does Spring's different controllers already
> offer a hook for this? I was thinking putting a layer betwn my
> controllers and spring's controllers. For example: MySimpleFormBase
> extends SimpleFormController, MyMultiActionBase extends
> MultiActionController. This should work but not very elegant. Can
> anyone shed some lights on this? thanks.
>
> s o

what does "sh controllers ethernet-controller g1/0/1 phy" show me? DuaneO Cisco 1 04-25-2006 11:47 PM
Fan controllers Technoholic Hardware 22 07-06-2005 06:21 PM
Changing a Domain Controllers Computer Name & IP Address Baljit Singh MCSE 4 03-16-2005 05:57 PM
Renaming Domain Controllers in mixed mode Guan Foo Wah MCSE 1 09-01-2004 03:16 AM
Re: DOMAIN CONTROLLERS Dragon MCSE 1 08-12-2004 01:58 PM

Advertisments