Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless of any sort causes XP HE Lockup

Wireless of any sort causes XP HE Lockup

ninenine78@yahoo.com

I have tried an SMC USB wireless adapter, and I went and bought a Dynex
PCI adapter, both g/b adapters. They cause my Windows XP system to lock
up within about 10 minutes of booting. I can run ICS from my other PC,
through the built in ethernet port on the PC and it runs fine. No
lockups at all. Any ideas why XP doesn't like the wireless USB and PCI
card? Seems odd to me that multiple different vendors cards would both
hose up.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
I doubt that WinXP is to be blamed.
It seems to me an Hardware problem.
try to use the PCI card in another PCI slot, it might create IRQ conflict.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have tried an SMC USB wireless adapter, and I went and bought a Dynex
> PCI adapter, both g/b adapters. They cause my Windows XP system to lock
> up within about 10 minutes of booting. I can run ICS from my other PC,
> through the built in ethernet port on the PC and it runs fine. No
> lockups at all. Any ideas why XP doesn't like the wireless USB and PCI
> card? Seems odd to me that multiple different vendors cards would both
> hose up.

ninenine78@yahoo.com

Nope, tried two PCI wireless cards in all available slots. I ended up
just putting in a wired solution as its close enough to the router that
wiring it isn't a problem. Strikes me as very odd though, but this is a