Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > Microsoft Certification > locked out of computer

locked out of computer

=?Utf-8?B?UGFzc3dvcmQgZHVtbXk=?=

Help! I changed my password last night, and now it's not working. I've
tried all the usual fixes (tried with both caps on and off, tried different
combinations, etc). I don't have the adminstrator password either (I forgot
it....I haven't had to do anything as the administrator to my PC in 2 years)
HELP!!

Darth Windows

"Password dummy" wrote...

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=305

--
Darth Windows
--

Darth Windows

"Password dummy" wrote...
> Help! I changed my password last night, and now it's not working. I've
> tried all the usual fixes (tried with both caps on and off, tried
> different
> combinations, etc). I don't have the adminstrator password either (I
> forgot
> it....I haven't had to do anything as the administrator to my PC in 2
> years)
> HELP!!

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=305

Google is your friend.
--
Darth Windows
--
Certifications:
MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MOS Master, Security+, Network+, A+

Cerebrus

Darth,

I was not aware of this "hole". Does this method work if Win XP SP2 is
installed too ? The author mentions that it works on SP 1.

Darth Windows

"Cerebrus" wrote...
> Darth,
>
> I was not aware of this "hole". Does this method work if Win XP SP2 is
> installed too ? The author mentions that it works on SP 1.

I've not personally tried it on SP 2 yet but I've heard from reliable
sources that it does, indeed, still work.

--
Darth Windows
--

Darth Windows wrote:

> I've not personally tried it on SP 2 yet but I've heard from reliable
> sources that it does, indeed, still work.

Thanks for the valuable inputs, Darth.