Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Extending a Vlan

Extending a Vlan

Dak991

I am trying to extend a vlan 1 from one switch to another. What are
the correct procedures? Do I need to make trunk ports that link them
together?

Thanks,
Dak

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
Dak991 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I am trying to extend a vlan 1 from one switch to another. What are
:the correct procedures? Do I need to make trunk ports that link them
:together?

A trunk is best. In the special case of VLAN 1, you can just
use "access" ports at each end, if that's the only VLAN you want
carried.

I suggest you review my recent posting,

http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=...c.umanitoba.ca
--
Tenser, said the Tensor.
Tenser, said the Tensor.

Extending a VLAN VLNGC Cisco 1 12-02-2004 12:29 AM
native vlan mismatch on 2 2924 switches w/ only 1 vlan defined (same on both switches) avraham shir-el Cisco 4 07-20-2004 08:08 AM
HI, I have some question about native vlan and default vlan. PS2 gamer Cisco 1 05-28-2004 11:47 AM
Auxiliary VLAN V VLan Neil Rowland Cisco 1 04-14-2004 02:03 PM
VLAN or Not to VLAN Paul Cisco 0 10-27-2003 06:16 PM

Advertisments