Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network problem

Wireless Network problem

zinedunc

Hi all,

Wonder if someone could give me some guidance on a problem I'm having?

I have a Safecom Wireless LAN USB adapter (model SWLUZ-5400) and had it
running on my Win XP SP2 machine quite happily for months. I then had
some hard drive issues, and have basically re-installed Windows over
the old partition. Now I've also re-installed the driver and ZDWlan
software for the USB adapter, I can't get the wireless connection
working.

Previously, I used the ZDWlan software to manage the Wireless
connectivity, which is what I planned ot do here. However, then damn
Windows icon in my system tray persists in trying to connect too.
Hence, both keep connecting, then immediately dropping, connecting,
dropping etc.

I've disabled the Wireless Zero Config service, rebooted, re-installed
ZDWlan, rebooted etc, but can't get the blighter to stop!

One thing to note here, when I say re-install, I actually have a
situation where Drive No1 has 4 partitions, and I've only re-installed
over my old C:\ partition. The first time I ran ZDWlan, it still had
the WPA key for my network, so I'm beginning to think there may be a
full re-install on the horizon - I'd really rather not do that though,
if at all possible.

Any ideas please? Go on, put me out of my misery...

Thanks in advance

ato_zee@hotmail.com

On 10-Aug-2006, "zinedunc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Any ideas please? Go on, put me out of my misery...

I've a ZyDAS based USB adapter and found that for a stable
connection I needed to use static addresses, for PC,
gateway, DNS server, the usual stuff. This also resolves
DHCP issues.

zinedunc

Solved it - I uninstalled the third party software and reverted to
using just the drivers from the CD provided and let Windows manage the
wireless connection