Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Can't select label text when using a master page

Can't select label text when using a master page

=?Utf-8?B?QVNQIERldmVsb3Blcg==?=

I have a variety of pages that use a master page. For some reason when I
attempt to copy any of the label text on the screen it seems to highlight
most of the screen randomly and I can't simply copy the text. I can select
all text that is inside a control such as a text box. It is only the labels
that I can't get a hold of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

clintonG

Uh, don't use labels? Can you copy text when using a Literal or simple text
styled if neccessary using a span?

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

"ASP Developer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a variety of pages that use a master page. For some reason when I
> attempt to copy any of the label text on the screen it seems to highlight
> most of the screen randomly and I can't simply copy the text. I can
> select
> all text that is inside a control such as a text box. It is only the
> labels
> that I can't get a hold of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

=?Utf-8?B?QVNQIERldmVsb3Blcg==?=

Thank you for the rapid reply. Yes I can copy text when using simple text.
I guess I could just throw an id and a runat server tag on a span or use a
literal. So is this normal behavior to not be able to select the text in a
label?

"clintonG" wrote:

> Uh, don't use labels? Can you copy text when using a Literal or simple text
> styled if neccessary using a span?
>

> <%= Clinton Gallagher
> NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
> URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/
>
> "ASP Developer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a variety of pages that use a master page. For some reason when I
> > attempt to copy any of the label text on the screen it seems to highlight
> > most of the screen randomly and I can't simply copy the text. I can
> > select
> > all text that is inside a control such as a text box. It is only the
> > labels
> > that I can't get a hold of. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

clintonG

I just tried and can copy label text generated from code.

<%= Clinton Gallagher