Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > reset ASDM password

reset ASDM password

Matt Williamson

We installed an ASA5510 a few months back and I can't remember what the
password for ASDM was set to. I can get in fine through the CLI though. What
do I need to do to reset it? I haven't been able to find the info in any of
the ASA manuals I have.

I'm running Version 7.0(4)12 in case it matters.

TIA

Matt

Brian V

"Matt Williamson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ebfv97$j54$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We installed an ASA5510 a few months back and I can't remember what the
> password for ASDM was set to. I can get in fine through the CLI though.
> What do I need to do to reset it? I haven't been able to find the info in
> any of the ASA manuals I have.
>
> I'm running Version 7.0(4)12 in case it matters.
>
> TIA
>
> Matt

ADSM uses the same password as the CLI. When logging in do not use a
username, leave it blank. Use your enable password (not your telnet
password) in the password line. It will ask you for it a couple times
usually.

-Brian