Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > system.IO.File.Exists doesn't working for file that is outside my virtual directory

system.IO.File.Exists doesn't working for file that is outside my virtual directory

Max

hi

i have file browser control to select any file and a button to upload
file on my web page now when i select any file. now on click of upload
button i have check that file exist or no

if system.IO.File.Exist(file path) then
end if
now when ever i choose file system.IO.File.Exist(file path) return
false, but if i select file from my virtual directory then only it
return true.

so how to select file from any folder on my PC and chech that it exist
or not

=?Utf-8?B?Y2xpY2tvbg==?=

Are you using an absolute path or a relative path to the file?

"Max" wrote:

> hi
>
> i have file browser control to select any file and a button to upload
> file on my web page now when i select any file. now on click of upload
> button i have check that file exist or no
>
> if system.IO.File.Exist(file path) then
> end if
> now when ever i choose file system.IO.File.Exist(file path) return
> false, but if i select file from my virtual directory then only it
> return true.
>
> so how to select file from any folder on my PC and chech that it exist
> or not

tfsmag

It may have to do with the ASP.net user in IIS not having read
permissions on the directories?

Max wrote:
> hi
>
> i have file browser control to select any file and a button to upload
> file on my web page now when i select any file. now on click of upload
> button i have check that file exist or no
>
> if system.IO.File.Exist(file path) then
> end if
> now when ever i choose file system.IO.File.Exist(file path) return
> false, but if i select file from my virtual directory then only it
> return true.
>
> so how to select file from any folder on my PC and chech that it exist
> or not

Max

followin is the error i am getting

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access to the path
"L:\Webhosting\home.gujarat.gov.in\homeapps\imagef iles\images.jpg" is
denied.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the
path "L:\Webhosting\home.gujarat.gov.in\homeapps\imagef iles\images.jpg"
is denied.

granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity.
ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS
5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not
impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity
impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user
(typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in
Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add"
to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account,
and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
"L:\Webhosting\home.gujarat.gov.in\homeapps\imagef iles\images.jpg" is
denied.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
System.IO.File.Delete(String path) +165
CMSAPPS.mas_WMKD_entry.Save_ADD() in
D:\dnSource\HOMEAPPS_mahesh\mas_WMKD_entry.aspx.vb :248
CMSAPPS.mas_WMKD_entry.bttn_Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
in D:\dnSource\HOMEAPPS_mahesh\mas_WMKD_entry.aspx.vb :221

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPo stBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) +57
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEve ntHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCol lection postData)
+33

Kevin Spencer

What do you not understand about the exception's explanation?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Chicken Salad Surgery

Orange you bland I stopped splaying bananas?

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...