Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > non-static ip address access

non-static ip address access

pete

Hi,
I can access work from home though a static IP address but not though a
non-static IP address.
I don't want to change service provider unless I really have too.
Cisco 877W router.
Cisco Client
Static IP address at work

Any ideas?

thank you )

chris

"pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ebfe8a$hio$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net...
> Hi,
> I can access work from home though a static IP address but not though a
> non-static IP address.
> I don't want to change service provider unless I really have too.
> Cisco 877W router.
> Cisco Client
> Static IP address at work
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thank you )

Maybe your workplace only allows your static IP to connect? Ask the admin of
your VPN conc to check it out? Can they see your connection attempts with
the dynamic IP?

Chris.