Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: TDD doesn't suck

Re: TDD doesn't suck

Christopher Benson-Manica

Phlip <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

(WRT TDD in Java)

> TDD currently props up much of the development in an otherwise sucky
> language. The language's low quality requires the high quality of TDD just
> to break even.

Perhaps you'd like to take your opinions regarding what makes Java
"sucky" to a different venue? (Followups set to
comp.lang.java.programmer, if you're so inclined.)

Keith Thompson

Christopher Benson-Manica <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Phlip <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> (WRT TDD in Java)
>
>> TDD currently props up much of the development in an otherwise sucky
>> language. The language's low quality requires the high quality of TDD just
>> to break even.

> Perhaps you'd like to take your opinions regarding what makes Java
> "sucky" to a different venue? (Followups set to
> comp.lang.java.programmer, if you're so inclined.)

I've set followups back to comp.lang.c.

Whatever you may think of the topicality or appropriateness of Phlip's
posting, he was smart enough *not* post a statement that Java is
"sucky" to comp.lang.java.programmer. You, however, chose to quote
that statement and dump it into that newsgroup. This is inappropriate
and trollish. One might assume you're trying to start a flame war; I
hope the folks in cljp don't take you up on it.

TDD doesn't suck Phlip C Programming 36 08-21-2006 03:20 PM
C++ test framework for TDD Alexander Eisenhuth C++ 3 11-16-2005 06:58 PM
[Snippet] a Recursive Descent Parser via TDD - recursiveDescentParser.h Phlip C++ 6 08-05-2004 03:12 AM
[Snippet] a Recursive Descent Parser via TDD - test.h Phlip C++ 0 08-02-2004 07:59 PM
[Snippet] a Recursive Descent Parser via TDD - recursiveDescentParser.cpp Phlip C++ 0 08-02-2004 07:48 PM

Advertisments