Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > css not working in .aspx page

css not working in .aspx page

Josue Maldonado

hello list,

I have the following code in a pure .html file:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/uBHL5J92.html
and it displays properly in both FF 1.506 and IE 6:
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8075/htmlokki0.jpg

However the same code in a .aspx file:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/6kOI2M88.html
it looks like this:
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3...pxwrongez9.jpg

Any or suggestion to get that css work properly with a aspx page?

Thanks in advance.

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

.... "La cultura es capaz de descifrar los enigmas en que nos envuelve la
vida."

Kevin Spencer

The CSS works on the client side. You have to look at the client-side HTML
generated. It may have something to do with the HtmlControl in the head
section, or browser caps. But the only way to know is to look at the
generated HTML, not the Template code.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Chicken Salad Surgery

Accept the Unexpected.

"Josue Maldonado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ubNcij$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello list,
>
> I have the following code in a pure .html file:
> http://rafb.net/paste/results/uBHL5J92.html
> and it displays properly in both FF 1.506 and IE 6:
> http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8075/htmlokki0.jpg
>
> However the same code in a .aspx file:
> http://rafb.net/paste/results/6kOI2M88.html
> it looks like this:
> http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3...pxwrongez9.jpg
>
> Any or suggestion to get that css work properly with a aspx page?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> Sinceramente,
> Josué Maldonado.
>
> ... "La cultura es capaz de descifrar los enigmas en que nos envuelve la
> vida."

Josue Maldonado

Hello Kevin, thanks for your reply,

Kevin Spencer wrote:
> The CSS works on the client side. You have to look at the client-side HTML
> generated. It may have something to do with the HtmlControl in the head
> section, or browser caps. But the only way to know is to look at the
> generated HTML, not the Template code.

the generated html of the .html file is this:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/q3kyxC24.html

the generated html of the .aspx file is this:
http://rafb.net/paste/results/AM74Om60.html

I was unable to find a real diff between both, they seems to be equal
except for the id="head1" in the last one, please let me know any
comments/suggestions.

Thanks in advance

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

.... "Tiramos hacia el neanderthal, como la cabra tira al monte." José
Jiménez Lozano. Escritor español.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Josué,

I pasted the HTML into a couple of new Documents and viewed it in both
browsers (IE 6 and FF) - it was identical.

In fact, looking back at your images, posted on
http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3...pxwrongez9.jpg, Other than the
browser itself, the web page looks identical to me also.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Chicken Salad Surgery

Accept the Unexpected.

"Josue Maldonado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Kevin, thanks for your reply,
>
> Kevin Spencer wrote:
>> The CSS works on the client side. You have to look at the client-side
>> HTML generated. It may have something to do with the HtmlControl in the
>> head section, or browser caps. But the only way to know is to look at the
>> generated HTML, not the Template code.

> the generated html of the .html file is this:
> http://rafb.net/paste/results/q3kyxC24.html
>
> the generated html of the .aspx file is this:
> http://rafb.net/paste/results/AM74Om60.html
>
> I was unable to find a real diff between both, they seems to be equal
> except for the id="head1" in the last one, please let me know any
> comments/suggestions.
>
> Thanks in advance
>

> --
> Sinceramente,
> Josué Maldonado.
>
> ... "Tiramos hacia el neanderthal, como la cabra tira al monte." José
> Jiménez Lozano. Escritor español.

Josue Maldonado

Kevin,

> I pasted the HTML into a couple of new Documents and viewed it in both
> browsers (IE 6 and FF) - it was identical.
>
> In fact, looking back at your images, posted on
> http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3...pxwrongez9.jpg, Other than the
> browser itself, the web page looks identical to me also.

Do you think could be something wrong in my dev box, I'm newbie to ASP
but I'm not sure if having .NET 1 and 2 installed in the same box could
may cause problems, I use VWD for asp.net development.

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

.... "Lo que un hombre desea, también lo imagina como cierto."